Cloud Access Security Broker
Become a Delta Member
This research includes findings from: * 138 survey completes * 6 attendees CIO focus group * 5 CIO primary research interviews *
In the pre-cloud, exclusively on-premise days, organisations had a perimeter they could protect and control; everything inside was theirs, everything outside was not. But today, corporate data and systems are hosted anywhere and everywhere. Often technology leaders don’t even know where their data sits, or who else shares the servers on which their critical systems run.
How can security principles be applied to such a disparate environment?
A Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) enforces an organisation’s security policies across the cloud, sitting between the cloud provider and the corporation consuming its services. It’s a concept that has been gaining traction in recent years, and the market is growing rapidly with traditional security vendors, software giants and niche vendors entering the space.
This report covers the following areas:
- End-user opinions on the best way to choose a CASB solution, whether you are a large enterprise with lots of legacy or an agile cloud-first startup.
- Analysis of industry trends like vendor consolidation. Customers say this is more of a hindrance than a help – but why?
- Deep dives on the big players in the market – not based on marketing spend, but on actual feedback from UK IT leaders.
Table of contents
Cloud Access Security Broker Delta
- Interacting with charts
- Vendor ratings
- Solution ratings
What does CASB do and how is it deployed?
- CASB use cases
- Data Loss Prevention
- Respondents’ views of CASB use cases
- The drivers towards CASB
- Security as a bolt-on
- Importing DLP tools from on-premise to cloud
- CASB as part of a wider deployment
Selecting the right tool
- Most important criteria
- Technical support
- Hidden costs
- The right fit
- UK / European focus
- Full coverage
- Payment and pricing
- Simplicity for companies with small IT teams
Vendor Evaluation Examples
- Evaluation and adoption trends
- The market
- Big names vs specialists – pros and cons
- Leading and falling vendors
- Key findings
- The Future of the CASB market
Company and Product Deep Dives
- Bitglass Cloud Security
- Cisco Cloudlock
- Forcepoint CASB
- McAfee MVISION Cloud (formerly SkyHigh)
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Oracle CASB Service
- Palo Alto Aperture
Become a member today
Avoid making costly errors (when making IT investment and implementation decisions)
UK and European research, not USA focused or vendor biased
Actionable advice from Computing’s industry experts and community, saving you time and money